12.23.2015

Anders and Oliver

I think I've mentioned on here before that I was watching another little boy (Adam's co-resident's son) during the day. He started coming last May when he was two months and Anders was four months. Before the job started I told myself that it would be hard at the beginning but if I just powered through the payoff would be when they were both toddlers and could pal around together. And that's basically exactly what happened. The first six months were rough to brutal and I thought about throwing in the towel a few times but I stuck with it and magically, about a year ago things just started to get easier. And since we've been home from Idaho its been a dream. Despite having completely opposite personalities, they've been the best of friends and it has been so fun to watch them chase each other around the house and crack up at their inside jokes. Oliver's last day was Friday and it already feels weird not to have him around. Like, how does one entertain a toddler by themselves? Especially at 32 weeks pregnant. I just don't have the energy for it. Come back and watch my kid for me, Oliver!
 Tiny babes. I hardly remember them being this small, probably because I've blocked these early months from my memory.
 I was trying to take periodic pictures of them sitting in this chair but that kind of died out after a while. But here's a good comparison shot. Anders is really looking like The Donald in this one.
Notice one keeps growing up and the other is growing out  
 

 First trip to the (dirty, dirty) sandbox. Back when I was knocking fistfuls of sand away from their mouths every 10 seconds.

 Dental check-up


 

Tried to have a little photo shoot on their last day. Trust me that this was the best shot. Toddlers...

Luckily for Anders, I'm making him another playmate right now! T-minus 8 weeks until delivery, and then only another oh....year and a half until they'll be friends?

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet!! Well..bittersweet right? I know there are mixed emotions here! So happy to have two of your own soon, but hard for Anders to be missing his bff all the time - I'm sure he will ask you every day for the next month "Where is Oliver??" haha. Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete