10.02.2015

Another baby

A couple of weeks after we got to Pocatello Adam and I found out that we were expecting a second baby. Approximately 30 seconds later my pants started feeling a little tight and my belly pretty much took off from there. This pregnancy was almost impossible to hide from all the friends and family we saw while out east but I tried my best to be discreet about who I spilled the beans to as I was still in my first trimester. I definitely got plenty of hard stares at my mid-section from those I didn't tell, though.

Turning 9 weeks at Morgan's house and already bumpin.

And now, a little bit about pregnancy #2 in bullet form because that's how I do. 
  • Very similar and very different from my first pregnancy. I still never threw up but I was pretty darn nauseous between weeks 5 and 8. I also had a lot less energy. Anders got plenty of screen time our last few weeks in Pocatello. I don't think he minded too much. Also, I have my old high school acne back which is such a joy! I mean, who doesn't want more youthful looking skin, right?!
  • We were originally hoping for a leap baby but my body went a little wacky the couple months before we got pregnant and now the due date is February 15th. So now I'm crossing my fingers the baby will come a day early (and I know no one likes Valentine's Day but I love all holidays and I don't think it would be such a terrible thing to share your birthday with love and chocolate) or four days late (Uncle Brian's birthday).
  • I kind of forgot how paranoid I get when I'm pregnant/have a newborn (ask me about the time I cried myself to sleep when Anders was a week old after googling "cystic fibrosis symptoms") but luckily I have Adam to remind me. When I asked him if I was this bad the first time around he said, "no way! you were so much worse!" which I find strangely comforting. 
  • As for the sex of the baby, this one's a stumper! I guess gun to my head I would have to guess girl, but I'm not nearly as confident as I was with Anders. I told Adam the other day that when he announced that Anders was a boy my first thought was "duh" and my second thought was, "oh wait! we didn't officially know that!" This time around I think I'll be surprised and excited either way. Adam says his guess is boy but that's probably only because he thinks I want a girl and doesn't want me to be disappointed if it's not. Which I won't be, by the way. I mean, have you seen my son?
  • Speaking of which, Anders has no idea what's coming. He's a pretty sensitive and needy kid sometimes (all the time) so I'm a little worried about how the transition is going to go. I tell myself that it will all be for the best in the long run. Like, he'll thank me when he's not his parent's sole caretaker in 60 years.
Our ultrasound place only gives you pictures on a DVD now. Lame! I prefer the printed ones. But here's the babe at 12 weeks. I'm too scared to look at the 20 week ultrasound disc because Anders' had a very clear between-the-legs picture (they warned us, luckily). What do you think? Is that a boy or girl profile?

Anyway I don't have much more to say on this subject. TBH, we haven't really thought or talked about this second baby half as much as we did with the first. Sorry baby! We promise to smother you with love you when you get here!

1 comment:

  1. Totally possible you could have a leap year baby. It's exactly two weeks after your due date! I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete