5.31.2012

so long, farewell





Memorial Day weekend found us in Kennewick bidding farewell to Ma and Pa Ottley who have sold all of their earthly possessions and are heading to London for the next two years. They’ll be serving a mission for our church. They both spoke on Sunday and let me tell you, there wasn’t a dry Ottley eye in the house. And there were like 40-something Ottley eyes. As Adam’s Dad said in his talk, they’ve been preparing for this mission for 35 years and I couldn’t imagine a couple better suited for the job. Then on Sunday night we reviewed all the British swear words so now I think they’re really ready. 


On a sidenote: I’m totally digging this sequence of pictures of my SIL Cindy. Gotta love that Tri-cities wind. Over the weekend she made me a solemn promise that she would never read my blog.

 Who’s laughing now, Cindy?

2 comments:

  1. I have an idea on how you can be a good friend: give me that outfit you have on. thanks.

    ReplyDelete